Friday, May 14, 2010

The Endie.

'Honey you are so beautiful' he said. Placing emphasis on the 'SO'. "Awww you rock my world. From the first day I set my eyes on you I knew you were the one for me".

'Hmm...lame talks' I said in my head.

He shifted and made himself more comfortable on the seat which was unfortunately lacking in space. His over fed body took more than half of the seating space. Too bad it was the only available sitting area in the restaurant. My eyes darted around the fast food restaurant to see if there was any familiar face. Woe on me if anyone sees me in such a compromising position I thought.

I love your hair, do you know you know how to pick out the right shade of extensions for your complexion? He said, bringing up his fat fingers to touch some tendrils of my hair.

Bring on the rhymes brother, I thought. "Extensions for your complexion" All because you wanna get laid. I mentally cringed. "Stupid goat" I thought. Do you have to let the world know that my extensions are cheap? Haba!

Waiter! He bellowed. Stabbing the air with his chubby fingers.

A tall, handsome young man walked over to take our orders. His crispy white shirt beautifully molded his broad chest and his trousers flowed down his long frame almost endlessly. Damnnnn! I seethed under my breath. Why aren't guys like this waiter the ones with the cash?

My piggy companion was obviously intimidated by the waiter and his tone of voice instantly changed.

Waiter! He said. Get us some cold drinks and make sure you come back here with some ice-cubes to go along with the drinks.

Yes Sir! The handsome waiter said and turned to leave.

Not satisfied, Piggy called him back. Do you people serve gizzards?

No Sir! The waiter said.

How come you people don't serve gizzards eh? I should speak to your manager.

Ok Sir! The delicious waiter said.

While Piggy and the waiter were making conversations, in my mind a song started to churn up.

"E be fine boy O!
E be fine boy O!
You be fat boy O!
E be fine boy O!
You be fat boy O!"

Sweety?! Piggy called and I quickly snapped back to reality.

Yes Endie. I answered. He insisted I called him Endie an abbrevation of his name "Endurance". God, one had to endure to be with him. What a befitting name.

In a short while, the waiter brought back the drinks. The usually bottle of beer for Endie's type and orange juice for me. He quickly served us our drinks and scurried away as soon as he could.

Endie started rambling about his logistic business in China and how he intended to open a branch in New Jersey. I had a fixed smile on my face but his voice was slowly fading away.

I was back in my hostel with Moremi, a light skin beauty who knew the ways of the world. I see her as sophisticated and posh. To me, she had it all, beauty, brains and money.
She said she was moving off campus soon. Ikenna as she calls him is renting her an apartment and promising to buy her a car soon. I guess that is why I bought the idea of going out with Endie...fat Endie.

Moremi intoduced him to me two days ago when Ikenna and Endie came to pay her a visit. Ikenna's Range rover was parked in front of our hostel with Endie in the passenger seat while Moremi and Ikenna where leaning on the car. I said my hellos to both of them and was introduced to Endie before going to the hostel. It was later that evening she told me about his interest in me.

Two days later I was having lunch with him.

Sweety?! He called and brought me back to the present.

Oh Endie! I exclaimed with nervous laughter. By the way, the name is Tokunbo.

Tokunbo, Tosin, Tolumbo any which one, where were you?

I had endured enough. The name is T-O-K-U-N-B-O! I said picking up my hand bag. I could no longer pretend enjoying his company. Is this what babes go through to make huge bucks? Un-interesting company, men who forget their names and to top it up arrogant and not good looking? Enough!

I stood up, said my thanks to E-N-D-I-E and walked towards the entrance cum exit. To me, it was the "endie".

11 comments:

Roc said...

Nice...
A bit long for what I'd normally have the patience to read, but nice still.

ray of hope said...

beautiful piece

ifeanyi'chocxy'mbonu said...

Matse I don fall in love wit u...did't know u could write this well.

eiwhy said...

Quite nice.

Olu said...

Nice...

Zabrain said...

well.... Cool composition!!! like the way u portrayed the character, Tokunbo!!!! U should make it a series!!!

Akinola debelove said...

Dis is interesting

Anonymous said...

Urobho gal again

Tope Adigun said...

I like the fluidity of this piece. A very nice one.

Faith Amarachi said...

Lovely piece thumbs up

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece.....