Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Passing dusk...

I see alot of people give up on life and sigh in resignation.Heads bowed forward, hands clenched together; the ultimate sign of hopelessness. I beckon to you with the age old adage that says,"No matter how long the night is,dawn must come." Why do we underestimate our abilities when we have not fully tapped into them yet? The wise saying of an old man I know is that, "The Law of Averages is always on the side of the positive thinker" We all, should try to accept the setbacks in life and forge ahead with determination,knowing that we can make it,despite all odds.I remember a while ago when I used to be laddened with depression.I never looked forward to my day,I actually dreded standing up from my bed.I felt I was ugly and dull and that no one wanted me.The cause of my depression was a multitude of silly things that may make no sense to you but all the same,I was down.My ever loving mother tried to cheer me up to no avail.I was wallowing in self pity and disgust.One lovely morning,I took the bull by the horn by telling myself that I am a wonderful human being and I kept chanting it to myself like a mantra on and on again.I went out that day and bought a sticker that said "I LOVE U" and pasted it on my bathroom mirror to remind me everyday that I love myself.That prooved to be the cure to my predicament.Take note,that I took the step to help myself.I choose to paint a brighter picture of me in my mind and the picture became a reality.We should not give ourselves limitations but have the belief that we can do all things.I shook myself and decided to start my healing process from the inside and then,the outside.I got searching for the hair styles that suited me best and the clothes that made me feel good about myself,you may not be able to afford new clothes but good personal hygiene also does it.I developed an interest in reading at large every and any book I could lay my hands on just to gain more knowledge and insight in general.Do you know that if you read a minimum of three books a week for one year,you would be as good as a Professor?...Yes! It's true.Your conversations dramatically changes and you get a boost in confidence knowing that you can hold your own anywhere.With this positive attitude,you start believing that you can tackle anything...(well,not necessarily everything) but the feeling is awesome and it transends into every aspect of your life making you a much better person who can face the world with a smile.Your situation may not be similar to mine but remember that after night,comes day...Always.

No comments: