Monday, April 30, 2007

why?

The familiar sms tone of my phone made me grumpily open my eyes."Who must this be in the wee hours of this morn?" I pondered.Scratching my eyes I picked up my phone to read this mind shattering message; "Our Papa is gone." "Tee!" I screamed."Tee's Papa is gone!" Hot tears came cascading down my eyes and my body shook uncontrollably.Four days earlier we lost our security guard to the dark,cold hands of death.He died from "MALARIA." "Malaria!" In this day and age that medical sciences have sky rocketed...people still die from malaria.Tee's Papa was no exemption from the death list,he died from Diabetes.Illnesses that could be easily controlled,yet claims the lives of many in this land.
Why do we allow these people die? What is our government doing to alleviate the sufferings of the people? Must being poor be a ticket to the grave yard?

No comments: